Suite 2165, second floor of UHS
207 Fletcher Street
See Location, Parking, and Transportation
Telephone: (734) 764-8302
Hours: Radiology is open when UHS is open
See UHS hours
U-M students' personal health insurance will be billed for radiology x-rays and ultrasounds. See more below at Fees and Payment.
An order is required
- You must have an order from a UHS clinician or a U-M Athletic Department physician.
- If you have an order from a non-UHS clinician, a UHS clinician needs to review and co-sign it. Please call Radiology to discuss the process at 734-764-8302
- X-ray – no appointment required
- Routine x-ray procedures are done on a walk-in basis.
- X-ray procedures include the spine, chest, abdomen, extremities, etc.
- Ultrasound – appointment is required
- To schedule, please stop by the department or call 734-764-8302.
- General ultrasound procedures include abdominal, pelvic, thyroid, and scrotal.
The following imaging procedures are NOT available at UHS: CT scans, MRIs, nuclear medicine procedures, fluoroscopy or mammography, echocardiograms, vascular ultrasound, breast ultrasound, musculoskeletal ultrasound, and OB ultrasound past 1st trimester. If you require one of these procedures, you will be referred elsewhere and fees will apply.
- There are fees for radiology services.
- UHS will bill your personal health insurance.
- If you do NOT want your insurance to be billed, you may make payment arrangements with the UHS Patient Billing Office on the SAME DAY that your tests or services are ordered/performed. Payment must be made within 30 days.
- Patients may be responsible for paying insurance deductible, co-payments, co-insurance, or any other costs not covered by insurance.
- See also:
How to request your records from UHS Radiology
- Call ahead (734-764-8302) to minimize wait time and for any questions.
- Tell us what records you need and the name and address of your outside clinician.
- You will need to complete this form, either at UHS or in advance:
- If you plan to pick up your records, you'll need to show a photo ID to verify your identity.
- If you want your records sent, please call us for instructions.
- There are no fees for Radiology records.
How to provide outside radiology records to UHS
- If you have another facility's radiology records (imaging with reports) that need to be included in your UHS radiology record, please bring them directly to Radiology on the 2nd floor of UHS.
- We will archive your outside images and reports.
- There are no fees for this service.
- If you have questions, call 734-764-8302.